Part of The Whitby Group of Methodist Churches within the North Yorkshire Coast Circuit (see website for further details)
Hawsker Methodist Church stands 4miles south of Whitby, beside the Scarborough Road. The chapel was built in 1831 and a Sunday School Room was added in 1912, the two rooms being divided by a wooden screen which can be folded back to accommodate a larger congregation such as the 50-60 folk who joined the ‘Walk to Bethlehem’ this Christmas. A small Sunday School meets each Sunday morning, with the adult service at 2.30p.m.Occasional services e.g Harvest, draw support from the local community but with an ageing congregation numbers are falling. Prayers are requested for Matthew, for our elderly members and for our continued witness in our community around Hawsker and Stainsacre.
Upcoming additional Events
- Hawsker Methodist Church: Tea on the Green - 26 Sep 2017 - 14:00