Deeper into Prayer will be led by members of the Crofters Spirituality Group at the invitation of the North Yorkshire Coast Methodist Circuit. Crofter members include qualified Prayer Guides and those experienced in leading people to explore and deepen their prayer life. ‘Crofters’ is an ecumenical group who request that sessions are advertised locally and ‘open’ to anyone wishing to participate.
Each session will be 90 minutes long (including refreshment time) and will ‘stand-alone’ but there will be maximum benefit if the full course is attended.
The circuit is providing the venues and hospitality for a 6 week course + 1 introductory session and 1 closing session. We are very grateful to the churches listed below who have responded so generously to the request to host sessions.
We offer each session twice in a week, held in different areas of the circuit and at different times of day i.e. 1 during the daytime and 1 evening session, to give the opportunity for as many people as possible to attend. Hospitality and refreshments will be provided by the hosting church.
Week 1 Circuit Introduction to ‘Deeper into Prayer’ to include refreshments and a short act of worship at Westborough Methodist Church
• Tuesday 3rd July 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Week 2‘Who is God’ led by John McGlinchey and Diane Robinson
• Wednesday 11th July from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm at Emmanuel St John’s LEP
• Thursday 12th July from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm at Filey Methodist Church
Week 3 ‘I have loved you with and everlasting love’ led by Joyce Bell and Pam Beattie
• Tuesday 17th July from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm at Northstead Methodist Church
• Thursday 19th July from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm at Snainton Methodist Church
Week 4 ‘God in all things’ led by Chris Dyson and Madonna House
• Wednesday 25th July from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm at Queens Street Methodist Church
• Saturday 28th July from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at Fylingthorpe Methodist Church (an extra ½ hour has been added to allow participants to bring a packed lunch if they wish to spend longer in this beautiful spot.)
August will be a ‘meditation month’ of local prayer events: walks/pilgrimages/retreats/labyrinths etc to be arranged by the local churches, with invitations to members of other churches to join in, please advertise your event via the circuit notices.
Dates, times and venues for Sessions 5-8 will be announced shortly. (Poster attached).