Calling all people interested in leading, and involved with arranging worship, (including ‘Local arrangements’)
You are invited to attend this 7 session course, approved as Worship Leader training but also relevant to those who enable and support worship in anyway e.g. Church Stewards and leaders of groups etc. The course is also available to anyone wishing to begin to explore a call to worship leading or preaching, or to further develop their skills in worship leading.
- To aid personal involvement in corporate worship through an improved understanding of the nature of worship
- To develop worship leading and worship supporting skills
- To assist in the evaluation of gifts and abilities in the various roles involved in worship leading
Taster Session 1 March 26th
- Introduction to Corporate Worship
Session 2 tba
- The structure of Worship
Session 3 tba
- The Leader’s presentation
Session 4 tba
- Practical preparation for Leading Worship (including audio-visual Presentations)
Session 5 tba
- Leading Prayer in Worship
Session 6 tba
- Miscellany of Aspects
Session 7 tba
- Enabling the Worship
The Taster session will be held at Northstead Church, Givendale Road, Scarborough YO12 6LG at 7.30p.m. on Monday 26th March when dates and venues of future sessions will be decided
The course will be facilitated by Revd Mary Jackman, District Local Preachers’ Secretary and Circuit LP Tutor, and Mrs Diane Robinson Circuit LP Tutor.- with assistance from various ‘expert’ guests!
Please bring with you, the following:- Bible, notebook, diary and pen. For those wishing to continue, reference material will be recommended and there will be some individual preparation exercises and assigned reading.