Advent is a special time for prayer as we busy ourselves with preparations and as we prepare spiritually for the celebration of Christ’s coming into our hearts at Christmas. Please share these prayer concerns with others and thank you for all your prayer support throughout 2011.
1) Revd Elizabeth Clark (S), Lay Worker Christine Sutherby (S&F), Revd Denise Free (F), Revd John Pugh(W), probationer Deacon Helen Webster(W) in their appointments in the Sherburn (S), Filey(F) and Whitby(W) Circuits.
2) The continuing work of the Steering Group.
3) Mark, Clare, Geoff and Peter as they progress Team Ministry in this circuit (meeting each Monday)
4) The Connexional Probationers’ Committee as it considers our request for a probationer minister appointment for the North Yorkshire Coast Circuit in September 2012. We should be hearing if a probationer has been stationed with us early in January. Please pray that the right person is appointed.
5) Seamer, Cayton, Queen Street and Westborough Church families as they prepare for a variety of changes in ministerial oversight in 2012
6) Rosie Coles as she continues to test her call to the ordained ministry
7) Mexico Rebuild Project. Prayer please for the young people and adult leaders preparing to go to Mexico at Easter 2012 to build a house for a family in need and for the fundraising events to raise enough to get them there.
8) All we offer to our communities during Advent and Christmas.
9) The development of the work on the Barrowcliff Estate.
10) Opportunities to reach out to neighbours throughout the circuit and introduce them to Jesus
Bishop Juan Alberto and the work of the Methodist Church in Colombia, we have been particularly requested to pray for the current building projects, which include clinics, classrooms and multipurpose church buildings. Moose Bay Minnesota United Methodist Church is supporting 2 of these ventures and hopes to send a team of volunteers to complete and equip classrooms at Brissas del Mar in January. Our prayer support is requested as they recruit team members and fundraise for the project.
*30th Nov -6th Dec Crib Festival, Burniston 10.00am – 3.00pm
*December 1st Breakfast with God .and friends Burniston Chapel
December 1st Filey Circuit Meeting Hunmanby 7.15pm
*3rd Dec, Car Wash Burniston Chapel car park 10.00am – 4.00pm (Mexico rebuild fundraiser)
4th Dec, Blessing of Cribs, Burniston-11.00am service,
December 5th Westborough Early Morning Communion 7.45 a.m.Small Chapel (please use side entrance)
December 5th Westborough Quiet Day Cayton
*6th Dec 6th Day Worship at Northstead 6.30p.m. ‘Christmas round the World’
December 6th Anglican Deanery Synod St Mary’s Parish House
*December 7th Westborough Advent Communion 10.30 small chapel
December 8th Scarborough Borough Council Meeting at Westborough
December 8th Sherburn Circuit Meeting at Snainton 7.30
December 9th Scarborough Cub Scout District Carol Service at Westborough 7pm
*9th Dec, Christmas meal & entertainment 7.00pm at Burniston(Mexico rebuild fundraiser)
December 10th Scarborough Concert Band at Westborough
December 12th Filey/Sherburn Staff meeting 2pm
December 13th District Advent Devotions and Lunch Ravenhall
*December 14th Westborough Advent Communion 10.30 small Chapel
December 18th Children’s Activities Westborough 3.30pm
*December 21st Westborough Advent Communion 10.30 small Chapel
*December 24th Christmas Eve Crib Service Westborough 5pm
Dec 25th Christmas lunch at Westborough for those where there’s only one or two at home.
Thank you for your prayer support. Please let Diane know your concerns for the month of January no later than 28th December. We wish you all a Happy and Blessed Christmas
Diane, Colin and Ken (Circuit Stewards)